Monday, November 9, 2009

Manly Music Monday

I have a great boss. He and I talk about music all the time and he always seems to be about 2 1/2 steps ahead of me when it come to new stuff. Not only does he hear about stuff before I do but his taste in music is impecable. I like the stuff he recommends about 99.42% of the time. Those are good odds. Last week he told me to check out Owl City's new song, Fireflies and Julian Casablancas' newest release. I did, and I liked them both quite a bit. I was even planning on doing a post on Owl City. But then a relative for whom I feel nothing but disdain posted a gushing review for the very tune I intended to post. And because I'm immature and shallow I cant like something that someone I dont like likes. So you get no Fireflies. Which left me with Julian Casablancas. He is the front man for The Strokes. Here is his first solo single.






Not bad. Pretty good actually, right?

Then I found this as well.






What is wrong with that kid? Does he live in a hostel? Or an alley? Did his mother not teach him proper hygiene? And why does he seem so grumpy? He's getting paid gazillions of dollars to do what he LOVES and thats the attitude hes got?

So that got me thinking back to the good ole days. Sure, we had to put up with douchebags like Robert Smith and Morrissey but in return we got guys like David Byrne. Now there was a polite modern gentleman. Just look at his haircut.






And what a great outlook on life. I mean, sure, life is basically is a road to nowhere, but it's alright.






All the creativity and uniqueness with none of the sass and nasty personal hygiene. Ah.... those were the days.



Crap I'm old.

12 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

Did you seriously call Robert Smith and Steven Patrick Morrissey douche bags? Are you freaking serious? I can't get past anything else your stupid mouth is spewing. Although, I will hand it to you; I am kinda diggin' Julian's new sound. And David Byrne is a cool cat. Ok, I can kinda see where you're coming from with the whole Morrissey thing, but leave lipstick boy alone. What has he ever done to you?

rebeldiamond said...

Btw- Julian's mom is a super model and his daddy is stinking rich. He dresses like that on purpose so as to not seem the spoiled rich boy he is. The attitude is simply residual anger from growing up in NYC.

Chops McGee said...

You know I like Morrissey and Mr Smith's music, I just think that I would have liked them just as much if not more if they had washed their faces every now and again, thats all.

FanStacia said...

Forget the haircut. Did you check out his Phat Ass in his sweet tight khakis. Damn the 80's were good times.

FanStacia said...

I also hate people when they aren't polite. Mean people suck.

FanStacia said...

Hence my need my hugs and choppers on a regular basis.

FanStacia said...

I'm just posting random things now so when Chops checks he'll think he's super cool cuz he has like a bazillion comments.

FanStacia said...

Also, because I have no life. And cuz I love Chops. All at the same time. Way more than Cleo. Not as much as Mrs. Chops though.

rebeldiamond said...

BTW- Morrissey's face was always clean. Not even facial hair did he have. You make no sense, Chops.

Take it back.

Now.

rebeldiamond said...

Ur just a hater cuz the dude's got great hair.

Oh yeah. I said it.


Too bad he doesn't have awesome chops like you, though.

Chops McGee said...

Cleo, I have no beef with Morrissey's face, it was his attitude that stunk like month old milk. Robert was the one who needed to bathe more often.

And quit screwin with my head Ginger. I told you I was simple minded.

yusuf said...

thankss


Forex Training

منتديات غربة رووح



دليل غربة رووح - اضف موقعك

منتديات تداول الهوامير



منتديات عجايز كوول

دليل تداول الهوامير - اضف موقعك

You Tube

Forums best secured loans



facebook

Michael Schumacher

BlackBerry‎

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online