Friday, January 30, 2009

Another White Dash-Butterfly Boucher



I wanted to make a post to go along with Amberd's Death To My Hometown. There can be something very invigorating about packing up and never looking back.

"There is something deep and pulling leaving everything behind. There's something about having everything you think you'll ever need sitting in the seat next to you."

What's in that seat is different for everyone. For me, it was a handful of mixed tapes, a cooler of Pepsi and a rough tote full of shoes. I Packed up the '88 LeBaron and put 3,000 miles worth of white dashes between me and the thing that was keeping me holding on to a whole lot of pain and misery.

The only way for me to move on, was to actually move on. It wasn't easy. It was probably the most painful thing I've ever done in my life. But I made the decision, never looked back, and have never regretted it. Sometimes the only way to heal a broken heart is to give it some space. Eventually the pain becomes more tolerable, until finally it is gone altogether.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. For me, I needed to be able to focus on the future and what it may have held. I needed to find a new place to lay my heart.

1 comment:

rebeldiamond said...

I like this one too. I think you have made some valid points.

But Pepsi??? C'mon.... I guess there's just no accounting for taste.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online