Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Taking back Manly

Thanks a lot Cleo. My little sister emailed me yesterday for the first time in a long time. This, along with a link to your post on Nataly Dawn, is the entire text of her email.

"I was looking at the blog today. I really like her. You haven't posted in a while."

That was followed by another email about an hour later..

"O.K I think i might be obsessing a little but I love everything I have heard so far. When was the last time you looked at your blog??"

So now I feel bad. Have I really been so neglectful that my own sister had to call me out? If so I am sorry.



This song was stuck in my head for almost a week. I'm not even sure where I heard it but it just kept repeating..

I change shapes just to hide in this place but I'm still, I'm still an animal
Nobody knows it but me when I slip yeah I slip
I'm still an animal

I just kept playing that line over and over and over for days. I finally found time to sit down and hunt it down. It was well worth it


There was a time when my world was filled with darkness, darkness, darkness
And I stopped dreaming now
I'm supposed to fill it up with something, something , something
In your eyes I see the eyes of somebody I knew before long long long ago
But I'm still trying to make my mind up
Am I free or am I tied up

I change shapes just to hide in this place but I'm still, I'm still an animal
Nobody knows it but me when I slip yeah I slip
I'm still an animal

There is a hole and I tried to fill up with money, money , money
But it gets bigger to your hopes is always

Running,running,running

In your eyes I see the eyes of somebody of who could be strong
Tell me if I'm wrong

And now I'm pulling your disguise up
Are you free or are you tied up

I change shapes just to hide in this place but I'm still I'm still an animal
Nobody knows it but me when I slip
I'm still an animal

I change shapes just to hide in this place
But I'm still I'm still an animal
Nobody knows it but me when I slip, yeah I slip
I'm still an animal




I hope you liked at least one of these Mels...






4 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

'bout damn time.

I, for one am tired of being neglected.

FanStacia said...

uhhh...me too. Neglected is for sucks.


I like Mike Snow. I don't like being an animal. I like being a lady.

FanStacia said...

His head turns into different animals. That made me laugh for some reason. I wasn't watching the video and I looked up and he was a giraffe.

Melody said...

If I don't watch "Animal" I like it a lot. When I watch it I am a little confused and a lot weirded out. I feel bad that I mad you feel guilty... but not really 'cus I like you post.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online