Friday, April 3, 2009

Euroweenies and the Knights of Cydonia

I’m not afraid to admit that I buy into the stereotype that the men of Europe are, how to put this delicately, more metrosexual than the average joe of the US of A. Think about it. The Europeans play “futbol.” So do we, only our version involves men the size of tanks running directly into each other, tackling without the requisite slide, and an almost excessive use of hands.

The same is certainly true when it comes to music. Think of the biggest, baddest European rock band. In a cage match would they stand a chance against Metallica? Could anyone take down Glen Danzig? Who would you send up against Henry Rollins? Rob Halford? Freddy Mercury? Seriously?

And with that as a backdrop, I present to you Muse’s Knights of Cydonia. First the music is incredible, with some amazing guitar work and a chorus that will stay with you longer than any Wilford Brimley hawked oatmeal.

Second, Muse is made up of Euro girlymen, but they know it and so here is their wink and nod to the American ideal of manhood. Combining the best elements of Kung Fu, Westworld, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, here Muse outdoes any three American action movies in six minutes of bliss.

Admittedly, they wus out a bit where the hero doesn’t even use a gun to defeat the bad guy, but you have to make some allowances. After all, they are European.


8 comments:

amberd. said...

You're post was funny....and you're song...well? Hmmmmm. Ok, I sorta like it. And the video pretty much rocks. That kiss is hot yo.

FanStacia said...

I'm so glad that you're back cdahle. I was about to post cdahle, we love you, that's all we have to offer, cdahle, we need you, please don't turn us away from Saturdays Warrior.

Anyway....I love Muse. I don't care if they are Euroweenies or girlymen. I still love them.

Chops McGee said...

Good to have ya back Cdahle! I liked this. I'm ashamed that I liked it but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Also, it's nice to see where Brandon Flowers got his inspiration for his "Mustachioed Cowboy" look. I knew he didn't come up with that by himself. Heck, if ya mute this video it could pass for a Killers song... Cept these guys are better looking.

Chops McGee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rebeldiamond said...

Chops- I'm not even gonna dignify that with a comment. You are the most american eurowenie EVER.

So there.


It's really a shame- you totally coulda gone sailing....

FanStacia said...

She's just mad because I told her he was a Jack Mormon that could never take her to the temple.

Jeninator said...

hee hee hee. me like videos that make me laugh.

amberd. said...

hahaha! You guys are funny...and chops...I TOTALLY agree with you about the Killers vid. I thought the SAME thing...but the KISS in this video was HOT! I'm just sayin.....

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online