Monday, April 6, 2009

What is my life? What makes me?

For Chops.....

"Love, love, is a verb. Love is a doing word, feel the sunlight break." Basically, I heart House M.D. and he hearts me. This song, I LOVE, and it is in the opening credits to my favorite show EVER! Seriously...NOT as COOL as your previous post....but it's close. Plus it's one of those songs where you can put it on, lay on your back, look up and just..........think. Reflect, and then think some more. What is my life? What makes me? Am I living it the way I WANT to live it?

Ah...I leave you with one of my favorite and newly discovered life quotes from a book I've been reading. "Does not something in you stir a little, a yearning to live?" Are you stirring? Are you yearning? I'm yearning. Yep. I don't see the point of letting life pass you by, why do we let it slip through our fingers? Grab life by the arse and SQUEEZE! Gah!

"Don't ask youself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive!" - Gil Bailie.

It's time to come alive people. If you need to use Massive Attack -Tear Drop to get there, do it. Watch out, I may drop some Andain on you next week.....just to see if you're thinking enough! I'm crazy alright, but I'm no robot. And that's all I can ask of myself. DANG.

3 comments:

FanStacia said...

"To thine own self be true." Great words but not that easy if you don't know who you are. Aren't we supposed to have this crap figured out by now. I'm 31, I have 4 kids and I've been married for almost 12 years. Why now am I questioning who I am? Can anything in your life be real if you don't trust yourself to do the right thing? Like ever.

Sorry about my rant. This song stirred me.....a lot!!!!

And Chops...go dance with your kids. They don't care if you can only do the white boy shuffle. And maybe they'll teach you a thing or two.

Jeninator said...

Thank You! This is one of my new favorite songs.

Chops McGee said...

So Amberd, last Wednsday Mrs Chops says to me "Hey Chopster (she likes to call me Chopster. Sometimes its THE Chopster but mostly not.)I finally read your post on that stupid blog you are always wasting your time on. I had NO idea you could write that well or that you were so deep and thoughtful. It really moved me." This was high praise coming from the little missus and I was very flattered. Looking to draw the compliment out a little more I says back, "Thank you lovemuffin, (she likes it when I call her lovemuffin. Sometimes I call her Little Mrs Naughtypants, but the kids were around so I went with lovemuffin. She got the idea.) what in particular did you like about my post?" She responded, "First of all, I loved that song, I had never heard of Massive attack but I really like them! And you writing was SO good! I don't know... I just didn't know you had that in you."

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online