Monday, April 6, 2009

Manly Music Monday

Yesterday I was having a great day. We went for a walk with the whole family. It was warm but there was a cool breeze blowing. The kiddos all picked wildflowers and chased frogs and turtles in the bayou. We got back and I went to get something from the Harry Potter closet and bumped my head. As I was reeling Scooter came and started telling me something. I yelled her to "Shut up and go away!". She left crying. 



The other day I was playing with Mo. I was tickling him and he was laughing that free careless open mouth all in laugh that only little kids seem to really have. We played cars too and he was having such a good time. Then I told him it was time for bed and he threw a HUGE tantrum. He was screaming and screaming and I spanked his mouth. He stopped screaming and just looked at me like I was a monster.



Am I a terrible Dad for yelling at my kids and making them cry? Probably. Am I a great dad for taking long walks with them and playing cars for hours? I hope so. Which one is the one I "really" am? Am I really a big meanie that does some nice things to look good? Or am I really a good person with some (serious) flaws? 


Anywho, this is Conor Oberst. He released his first album when he was 13. Yeah, 13. My greatest accomplishment at 13 was that I had 2 nipple hairs. He is the front man for Bright Eyes as well as Desaparecidos and the The Mystic Valley Band. Which one is the real Conor? Heck if I know. But he makes great music. I'll take him anyway I can.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online